Aaaaand… Bangtan‘s back! The BTS boys followed up their ‘N.O’ promotions with ‘The Rise of Bangtan’ starting from this week and this song is my second favourite after ‘Coffee’ so I couldn’t be happier. It’s also Taehyung‘s favourite track, with good reason. It’s so much fun and I reckon it’s gonna be 100x more tiring to promote despite being a more “fun” song because it’s four minutes of pure energy (I desperately want to take a towel and run it across Rapmon‘s forehead). Their comeback stage on Show Champion today showed off their hair all styled differently and how incredible does everyone look? Someone please tell Jungkook his hair looks good pushed back *__* I loved his little moment in the spotlight and it pretty much just seals his nickname for everyone as ‘Golden Maknae’. I thought Jimin held his high notes pretty well too and he looks utterly adorable with his hair wrapped up in a headband. Although it kinda looks like the cameramen are practically chasing the boys around to find them since there’s so much movement involved in the stage, I thought it was a decent job, nonetheless. I’m a little anxious to see how the Music Bank cameramen will handle this one. If I were a K-pop concert organiser in Singapore, I’d get these boys here pronto and strike while the iron’s hot because these boys are really steadily getting more and more popular. Good on them!
This was gonna be a deep reflective post cataloguing some of my favourite musical choices over the years and how they made navigating the treacherous waters of adolescence a little more manageable but… V happened. So here’s a cute vlog where V talks about his pre-debut days and how no one knew of his existence until the first Bangtan teaser was released.
He is just adsakljfhkdjs I’m not sure why Big Hit decided to keep him from us until the big reveal but I guess it was just purely for the element of surprise. It must have sucked for him though to not have been able to participate in all their pre-debut activities like the vlogs and the tweeting/selcas. Currently, he seems to be ruining everyone’s Bangtan bias lists so good on him! *cries a little because we share the same birthday but you’re three whole years younger than me*
1. Bangtan‘s cover of ‘Born Sinner’ is freaking perfection. I don’t follow the boys much and don’t really keep up with their stages and interviews and things like that, but I’m well aware of how talented they are. Happy 1st month to them!
2. I really should catch up on all the EXO stuff because I’ve been seeing GIFs of their Weekly Idol, Happy Camp and Beatles Code stints all over Tumblr and they look hilarious. Apparently they’ll be promoting a follow-up song soon, which would explain the hair changes and oh please, let it be something cute like ‘Peter Pan’ or ‘3.6.5’ or one of their ballads, because I desperately want to see something different from them onstage.
And on a somewhat related note, can we all just take a moment to welcome Krisus back? It’s amazing what a lighter shade of hair colour can do for this guy. Like wow Kris, this is not a freaking runway, can you maybe not???
(Picture credits to respective fansites)
3. My boys are coming back!!! It’s been only two weeks since VIXX‘s goodbye stages for ‘hyde’ and already, they’re set for a comeback this month. I do think it’s much too early and they definitely need to rest but I’m crossing my fingers for a cute song next because ‘Rock Ur Body’ 5ever!!!!1 It’ll also be much easier to promote and less intense compared with something like ‘hyde’ where they had to almost play a character each time they were onstage which I’m sure is exhausting.
Hyuk‘s gone blonde and evidently a drastic colour change is the number 1 tell-tale sign of a comeback. And Ross Lara, whom they’re working with for the comeback track has also revealed on Twitter, hinting at the boys’ return so yay!!!
Something pretty to welcome everyone to this post! This will just be a short update while I make a playlist for my run tomorrow. I’ve done a ton of 10K runs since my first one when I was in P6 but I still dread each and every one of them. People who know me will know that I’m not exactly… the sportiest person but I happen to be born into a family who finds joy in running and gymming and all that terrible stuff, and somehow, I get dragged into it all the time so this is my fate I guess.
EXO won again today at Music Core and I’m really happy for them! I’ve been live streaming the music shows this week though I don’t really know why since all I watch are the performances for ‘hyde’, ‘Wolf’, ‘Trap’ and ‘We Are Bulletproof PT.2’/’No More Dream’ and then I put the stream on mute the rest of the time. I’m still in the process of getting to know the Bangtan Boys and even though I don’t have a favourite yet, Jungkook seems to be the most popular but I’m not surprised since he is adorable and ridiculously talented. Jimin is an entirely different person on stage (but in a good way), Jin is so awkz but pretty and SUGA is seriously the cutest. I love how talkative he is and how his eyes curve into half moons when he smiles *__*
HE IS SO KEWWWTTT I AM SO MAD >:( And even though they’re full of attitude on stage, off-stage, they’re so full of aegyo it’s kind of criminal. Here are some of my fave selcas from the group… As you can see, there are a lot because these boys evidently love taking pictures of themselves and uploading them on Twitter for all to see, not that I’m complaining.
Other things I got up to today: I finally met up with my fave cousin, Genevieve, again and even though we see each other once every few months, we always manage to be on the same wavelength no matter what – I just love her to bits. We spent our night wiling away at our younger cousin’s ninth birthday party which was a total snoozefest that was not helped at all by the sweltering heat. Seriously… what is up with the major heatwave these past few days????
Wish me luck for my run! My entire body is still aching from dance yesterday so I have no idea how I’m going to complete 10K in one piece. X.X
I’m still working on my VIXX pimp post which has been in my drafts forever because it’s taking me a little longer than I expected. Everytime I write a little, I have to go back and watch an episode of Diary or VIXX TV and then I get distracted and end up forgetting about the post and just watching the episodes. /DAMN U VIXX/ Other than that, I’ll just sum up what’s been happening in what will probably end up being a really long entry because you know how I get when I write.
(1) Today was surprisingly one of the most tiring dance classes at CJ. It was my first time going for Girl’s Style and it was so much fun even though as usual, what I imagine I look like when I dance is completely different from how I look like in reality (which is a dying fish, basically). But I’m really looking forward to the next class! For those who are interested in um getting off your butt and attempting to get fit, the school’s just introduced their INFINITY package which is such an awesome deal because you can basically pay a certain amount of money (more details here) and then within a fixed time frame of 30 or 60 days, you can then choose to come for any of the open classes throughout the week for as many times as you want.
(2) I’m 2394813 years late but I finally got my ‘hyde’ album!!!! I paid a few dollars more and had to wait longer in order to ensure I got the Ken insert I wanted (you see the things you gotta do when you have a bias but seriously those collarbones are unreal and totally worth the extra money alone) but I think the album’s absolutely gorgeous even though mine came a little bent from the travel here T__T The pictures were really dark so I tried to pretty them in Photoshop……and it may not seem like it but trust me, they were worse off pre-Photoshop ok.
(3) I feel like we’re so lucky this drama season because there are so many good things to watch, more specifically Monstar, Dating Agency Cyrano and I’m hoping to add I Hear Your Voice to that because I’ve been hearing good reviews but even though I’m on my break and don’t seem to be doing anything at all, I still can’t find the time to actually start watching it. Where does all my time go????? And I haven’t caught it but Cruel City seems to be amazing as well if you’re looking for a dark thriller-type drama that’s well-executed and well-acted. Which reminds me, I reeeeeally need to catch up on Itazura na Kiss.
(4) Bangtan Boys… OF COURSE I have to talk about them. I knew about them a couple of months back because some of the boys have been doing vlogs leading up to their debut and I heard something about how a couple of them had been scouted from underground rap battles so they’re talented as hell and amazing at what they do. But I really didn’t expect to like them as much as I do. The boys are alllll so incredibly young (the oldest member is 26 days older than me), but they already have such an amazing stage presence and I was honestly really blown away by their debut stage on M Countdown yesterday as well as the clips that was shown of their debut MelOn showcase. They’re that perfect combination of confidence, charisma and talent – and can I just remind everyone of the fact that Jungkook is freaking 16 years old but already blowing up the stage like a pro? They also have what is now my favourite greeting from any idol group ever – it’s just so cute and perfect.
While I’m not averse to rap or hip-hop, I won’t say I have much of an appreciation for mixed tapes and the like, so with more than half of the group made up of rappers, I was quite surprised to really enjoy ‘2 COOL 4 SKOOL’, which turned out to be such a treat. I love everything on there even though the interlude and skit (which would be cute if I understood what they were saying) seemed to be fillers more than anything. Now, my only experience with hip hop albums is the ton of Eminem albums I have collected from my phase back when I was 12 (DON’T JUDGE OK) but having skits and intros and outros seems to be a thing? Here’s my favourite track because it has such a Block B vibe (I know I shouldn’t be comparing but……), I just can’t help but feel a little nostalgic. Such a swoon-worthy song.
(5) Can VIXX please stop appearing on every single Ceci issue because my pockets are not deep enough??? I think they were in the June issue but I can’t be completely sure because I have no idea why there are no previews for it but they’re def in the July issue and they’ll be in 8 glorious pages and just… WANT. Just look at ’em prettying it up. As much as I love how dramatic and dark ‘hyde’ is, it’s when they’re like this that I love them best. I usually reduce the quality for my pictures to save on space, but these are so colourful and gorgeous, I couldn’t bear to.
(6) And on to real life (because I do have one too, as much as it doesn’t seem like it)… Senior’s camp last week was freaking exchausting to the core. So for those who don’t know, senior’s camp is basically a condensed three-day version of actual FOC where we test our games and programme on people from our own batch and then get feedback so we can improve when it comes to the actual thing for the freshies. I was a programmer for Day 1 and even though I only had one hour allocated to me for the first day, I still somehow ended up being involved in all three days mostly as a Station Master and it was just. so. tiring. I don’t know how I’m going to do it for the actual thing where it’s five full days and I have one whole day of programmes to plan meticulously T__T
I’ve always said that one of my biggest regrets in uni so far is getting involved with FOC because it’s just too much commitment and too much responsibility than I’m used to, but I do have to say that even if I could have done without going for camp, it wasn’t… all bad. I did enjoy actually getting to know people for once and it did make me care about others a little more and just become generally more self-aware as a person. I don’t know how to be more specific about this but yeah, it was… overall, not an entirely unpleasant experience. And I guess since I’ve already committed and it’s the final stretch, I might as well give it my all. Aw, look at me being all mature and positive about this, almost brings tears to the eyes :’)
The main comm + GLs had a photoshoot some time back in May for the FOC booklets and I was just in awe at how much effort was being put into the whole thing and everyone ended up looking really great and in character. I think we spent the whole day waiting around and getting our hair and make up done and it was a surprisingly professional experience, even though the entire team was made up of our own batch. Of course, I took pictures because never will my nose ever look as pronounced as it did that day. I ended the day with a round of laser tag and even though our team lost, I’m proud to announce that I had the highest score on our team – oh yeah (even if I was like 200 points away from the actual winner, but who’s counting)…
And if you’re looking to come to WKW, just a quick reminder to sign up for camp here: http://bit.ly/ZDqj20 and do visit http://wkwscifoc13.tumblr.com as well to keep yourself updated! I do think camp will be awesome because a lot of amazingly talented people have been involved in this and I’m quite certain we’ll be able to pull this off without a hitch. Please come for FOC!!!
(7) And finally, a huge huge congratulations to EXO for their first win! Yay #EXO1STWIN! Anyone who’s been reading my blog, will know I’m a huge fan of the boys and even though I will concede that it is a liiiiittle early still for a win since it’s only their first comeback, I won’t take anything away from them because they have worked hard and do deserve it. I won’t go into how Suho had the most hilarious crying outburst on stage because that’s old news by now and frankly, I’m more interested in what looks like a blossoming friendship between two of my bias groups.
We all know EXO and VIXX took a group picture last week, and then Leo was seen talking and giggling with Lay at the back during the Inkigayo encore stage. And then today, after EXO won MuBank, so many things happened 1. Hongbin and Chanyeol clutching hands and jumping together 2. Leo and Lay practically seeking each other out 3. Hyuk fanboying 4. Ravi hugging Tao and then rushing forward to hug Kyungsoo 5. Kyungsoo running over to where VIXX was leaving and hugging Hongbin AND /WAILS/ I JUST- YOU DON’T UNDERSTAAAAND /IT’S VIXXEXO/ You can watch the whole thing in 1080p or just skip to the end ~where the magic happens~