Wow… I feel such a sudden sense of pressure being heaped upon my shoulders, somehow. Thanks so much for the nomination Pig-Rabbit/bluetsukky! I don’t really blog for anyone but myself, and it’s really just a way to gather and make sense of my thoughts, so it’s always startling to know that people actually read the things I write in all their fangirly entirety. I also don’t know how these award things work but I’m still happy to receive it either way. :)
So receiving this award comes with a set of rules that the receiver must follow (it’s a rule, so yeah).
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate five (or more) other bloggers that have less than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
Random facts about myself:
- K-pop takes up a much bigger bulk of my life than I would sometimes like it to. But then I remember, as long as I’m happy then that’s all that matters. Right?
- My first foray into Korean culture was through Boys Over Flowers in 2009 and that was also how my drama obsession started. While I was completely addicted to the drama then, I can now objectively say that it was kind of a hot mess.
- I’m a little hard to get close to at first and put up a lot of walls, but once I like you, I won’t be able to stop talking. There are just some people I can click with, and some I don’t even want to bother trying with.
- I don’t really have the habit of taking pictures when I go out, but I’m trying to cultivate the habit and owning a DSLR now really helps with that. This also explains why I have so few pictures from my trip in Seoul last year. I’m still a little regretful about that.
- I have the biggest bitchface in the history of the universe. I make quite terrible first impressions because of this and have been told often that they thought I was a snob upon seeing me. But that’s honestly just my face when I’m not smiling. Sometimes, I do try and emit “get away from me” vibes but it’s just a defence mechanism, really!
- When I don’t have school, I can sleep at 6 in the morning and wake up at 2 or 3pm the same day. It’s so unhealthy but I can’t help it. I don’t even know what I do sometimes… time just flies when I’m logged on to the Internet U__U
- I’m always hungry. I’m not a foodie in the sense that I’ll always go to different restaurants and cafes and try new things… I just like to eat. I’m more of a snacking kind of person though and I loooooove ice cream – pretty much all kinds.
- I can never keep to a word limit. In school assignments, I always feel burdened when assigned with a 1000-2000 word essay beause it seems like I’ll never reach it, but once I actually get into the groove of writing, I always find myself going over the limit by at least a few hundred.
- I do find it hard to care about things sometimes and can be a little indifferent about things that (1) don’t directly concern me or (2) are not related to my interests at all. I guess you can say that I shun responsibility.
- I don’t club. Like, at all. I’m okay with drinking, but just the idea and combination of pounding music, sweaty bodies and dancing in the dark just kinda repulses me. It also really takes a lot to drag me out of the comfort of my home and stable Internet access. That’s also probably why no one will ever love me /wails into my pillow/
- I would really like to live in Seoul for an indefinite period of time in the future. Just properly picking up the language, soaking myself in Korean culture (which includes the amazing food and the cafe/coffee culture) as well as being a little closer to my favourite groups and artistes.
As for the questions I was asked:
What was the last book you’ve read?
Excuse the YA selection, but it was ‘The Future of Us’ by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.
Do you have a smartphone? What do you love about it?
YES I DO AND, EVERYTHING. Internet at my fingertips – what’s not to love?
Where is your dream travel destination?
I just love Seoul so much and would love to visit the place again, but this time for a longer period. I would loooove to go to the US one day as well because I think I’d really feel at home with the lifestyle there, but which parts exactly, I’m not sure. I don’t know if I can survive the 24-hour plane ride though since I’m a pretty bad flier.
If you are to have children, what would you name your firstborn?
For girls, I like Summer and Haley a lot. For boys, Ryan, Dylan, Ryder, Skyler, Aaron, Shaun, Cole, Tyler, Wes, Shane – there are so many boy names that I like!
Why do you run a blog site?
I’ve never taken blogging seriously until I moved to a WordPress in September last year. I wanted to use it as a proper outlet to write about my life and fandoms and just take writing a little more seriously since I am a Communication major, after all. And I also didn’t want to look back at my entries and cringe to death.
Oh my god, I am so bad at this because I’m reeeally not much of a blog-hopper (I’m more of a Tumblr gurl) and the blogs I do read like couchkimchi, thundiesprattle, koalasplayground and rachelltan all have way more than 200 followers so as much as I’d like to, I doubt I’d be able to nominate five so I’m just gonna make Rachel and Cheryl do this lmao, I’m sorry guys orz. If anyone wants Tumblr recommendations, I’d be more than willing to help n__n
Rachel – For a good mix of travelogue entries, personal happenings, fandom-related things and lots of pictures!
Cheryl – For 50% life ramblings and 50% K-pop ramblings. I like her honesty and her entries are always entertaining to read!
My (awesome) fandom-related questions for you two:
- What are your thoughts on EXO’s comeback?
- What drama(s) are you watching these days?
- Which recent K-pop concept has really impressed you?
- If you could date a K-pop artiste or actor, who would it be and why? Choose one!
- What is the most embarrassing K-pop related purchase you’ve made?
Can’t wait to read your answers ;) and pass on the love k, guys! XOXO